5 Questions You May Have About Your Leather Cuff Watch
Buying a high-quality watch is an exciting purchase. But you may have some questions about the process, especially if you’ve never ordered from Cuckoo Nest before. Here we explain the 5 most commonly asked questions about your leather cuff watch.
- What Type of Leather Do You Use? A quality leather watch can only be made by using high-quality materials. We use the best American made leather we can find. However, it’s important to understand that full grain vegetable-tanned leather can show natural blemishes. In fact, each piece of leather we work on is unique and different. Hand-cut leather varies in color, and it accepts dyes differently.
When you order a leather cuff watch from us, we’ll do our best to replicate the picture you see in the listing. However, no two watches are exactly alike, which makes your watch one of a kind. There will be variations to colors. And if you order more than one watch, you’ll also notice that each leather cuff varies in depth and feel.
- How Do I Care for My Leather Cuff Watch? Since you’re wearing your leather cuff watch every day, you can expect it to collect some dirt and grime over time. This means you should clean your leather watch band occasionally. To avoid damaging the leather, you should never immerse your watch in water or use a wet cloth for cleaning it. If the watch band looks dry, you can condition it to make it look as good as new.
For that, you only need to apply a little bit of leather conditioner or wax to both sides of the band, wipe off any excess conditioner, and then rub the band dry with a cloth. To avoid applying too much conditioner, you should add it to your fingers instead of putting it directly on the band. And of course, you need to remove your watch from the band before conditioning the leather. You can read one of our recent blog articles to learn more about caring for your leather cuff watch.
- How Long Will It Take to Receive My Watch? Naturally, you want to get your watch as soon as possible. But when you’re ordering a custom leather watch, you need to know that we don’t actually make your watch until you order it. Every leather cuff watch is handmade, which can take 10 to 15 business days from the date of your order. At that point, we’ll ship your order free to the continental U.S. Every watch is shipped from Florida via first class mail. You can upgrade to faster shipping when you place your order.
If you live overseas, then shipping times will depend on your location. You may also want to inquire with your local customs office about possible tariffs or taxes that your home country charges for our leather cuff watches. If you have any questions about your order, you can always email us or use our contact form to get in touch.
- Can I Order a Custom Size? Every watch is made to order. This means we are creating your leather cuff watch band just for you. Naturally, we want to ensure a custom fit for you. Before you place your order, you need to determine your wrist size. You’ll want to use a measuring tape to determine the width around your wrist bone. It’s important for you to get an exact measurement without adding to it. We’ll take it from there and make sure that you have some breathing room, too. If you’re ordering a wrap watch, then the band will fit all wrist sizes, and you won’t need to take wrist measurements. If you’re ordering the watch for someone else, it’s still important to get an accurate wrist measurement. Otherwise, the watch may not fit well.
- Can I Wear My Leather Cuff Watch Every Day? Yes and no. Of course, we understand that you want to wear your watch all the time and never take it off, but it’s a good idea to give your leather band some time to breathe. You can wear your watch all day long, but we highly recommend taking it off at night while you’re sleeping.
You should also understand that leather doesn’t do well when it gets wet. If you’re participating in any activities that involve water (such as swimming, showering, etc.), you should take your watch off to protect it.
View our selection of Leather Cuff Watches.